Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mother Goose & Friends

Yippee! My new quilts, using the fabric I designed for P&B Textiles, will debut tomorrow as Quilt Market kicks off! I had so much fun making quilts using the Mother Goose & Friends fabric. Probably the first thing that hit me when I got the fabric was... "Yikes! You mean I have to CUT this?!!!" I hated to do it... but I also loved being able to create quilts with the fabric. Above is the quilt that P&B is using to market the fabric line; the fabric has 26 different pieces in it, ranging from scatter prints to graceful border prints to tone-on-tones to a pre-printed panel with eight nursery rhymes illustrated on it. Although this is billed as a juvenile print line, most of the fabrics in it are multi-dimensional and can be used in a variety of settings. You'll be seeing more of those ideas in the future -- which is what is so great about a blog: it's a fast way to post photos, ideas, tips, etc. Life is great, isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment