Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's New?

I do not post new messages as often as I would like to. I find that I am beset with too many colliding deadlines, and choosing what to do next is often done before I even get around to casting my own vote. Today I decided to take a moment and just tell you what I'm working on now -- it's a new block-of-the-month that Quakertown Quilts will be selling, starting in April. I'm designing and making a "Night Before Christmas" quilt based on Clement C. Moore's poem. All of the blocks are designed, though they remain in draft form until I actually make the blocks. I like to have the option of modifying things along the way, and there are generally quite a few changes - mostly to make the design easier for different skill levels. Below is a sneak-peak of the design for Block One, followed by a picture of the beginnings of the first block.

"Night Before Christmas" - pattern

Each of the blocks in this quilt will have a portion of the words from 'Twas the Night before Christmas on it. I have yet to embroider the words on the first block (below); I need to see what all the blocks look like before I decide what will be the best color of embroidery floss to use.

"Night Before Christmas" - Block One

Christmas may be eleven months way - but it will be here before we know it. Time has a way of sneaking up on us!

Happy stitching -
Sue
(c)2008 Susan H. Garman

4 comments:

  1. I just love snowpeople with cute expressions like that one...*S*

    Nice color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Before I started designing my own applique, I made your Yultide Joy quilt and your Autumn Joy quilt. You have always been someone I've admired. Your new quilt looks like another winner! Welcome to blogland. Hope you enjoy it! Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it has its limitations, blogging is certainly easier for me than maintaining a website (which I plan to get back to, one day...). Thanks for the feedback - happy stitching!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue

    This block of the month will surely be a winner. I am eagerly looking forward to it's debut. I love anything Christmas and applique.

    Eva
    Nova Scotia
    Canada

    ReplyDelete